I spent 3 hours shopping for makeup today. How absurd? Half of that time was spent sitting in a high-top stool at a Laura Mercier counter while the best makeup artist in Charlotte applied every single water-proof product she had in her arsenal all over my face. GIRL.CAN.PAINT. I ended up purchasing a lot of the product she recommended. I will buy the rest when I get a j.o.b.; post wedding obviously.Speaking of jobs – quick story:
Sales person at BCBG: What are you shopping for?
Me: Just some vacation clothes….
Sales person at BCBG: Oh, where do you work?
Sales person at BCBG: (confused look)
Me: I mean, well, I used to work as an intern 40 hours a week, but it’s over now — and I am getting married, so I mean, um… I don’t technically work right now, but I am on vacation…
Sales person at BCBG: Oh I see, that’s great. Congratulations! Just so you know, we are hiring here.
Me: (dumbfounded) Um, I want to use my degree. (!!!!!!!!!)
I mean, really. Back to my beauty adventures.
After leaving the Laura Mercier counter I headed over to the M.A.C counter for foundation, mascara, and a few eyeshadows per my cosmetic savvy friends. I put out a S.O.S on Facebook last night hoping for some solid direction. I just can’t have makeup melting off my face while I say, “I do.”
Here is what I got:
- Foundation primer
- Three eye colors: a ballet pink pod, 2 waterproof color sticks in cocoa and rosegold
- Waterproof eyeliner
- Waterproof under eye concealer
- Two free samples! A mini flawless skin face polish (“a creamy scrub that cleanses and exfoliates”) and a Eyedration (eye cream)
- Pro longwear foundation with SPF 20
- Blot powder
- Zoom waterfast lash mascara
- Two eye shadows for my pallet: tempting (shiny brown) and orb (a base cream color)
- Urban Decay makeup setting spray
- Blending sponge
- Blotting sheets
Beauty and the Heat,